IGCSE Admission Enquiry & Form
Admissions offered for Cambridge International Examination (CIE)(A.Y. - 2019-2020)
- Playgroup, Nursery, Prep I and Prep II
- Grade l to VI (Cambridge Primary) age 5-11 years
- Grade VII & VIII (Cambridge secondary) age 11-14 years
- Grade IX & X (Cambridge secondary 2/IGCSE) age 14-16 years
- Grade XI & XII (Cambridge advanced) - age 16-19 years - Cambridge International As and A Level
Admission Enquiry for 2019-20
The admission process comprises the following stages:
- Obtaining the Brochure and application form for Admission, from School office.
- Submitting the duly completed Application form and supporting documents to TIS Admin office and paying the Registration fee within the specified period.
- Communication of the admission decision to parents.
- Acceptance of the admission by the parents and payment of applicable fees / charges / expenses.
- Confirmation of admission by Thakur International School.
For admission to Thakur International School, we normally expect the child to have been born in the year shown against the respective classes, as the following table.
Nursery Children Who Complete 3-Years On / Before July 31st 2017
Prep - I Children Who Are Born In The Year - 2013
Prep - II Children Who Are Born In The Year - 2012
Grade I Children Who Are Born In The Year - 2011
Application for Admission
The brochure, Application form for admission and relevant documents can be obtained from the School Office.
The application form duly filled along with a recent Passport size photograph affixed must be submitted to the School Office on or before the last stipulated date, along with the following documents:
- One certified true copy of School Reports of the last three years (Wherever applicable).
- One certified true copy of child's Birth Certificate, on which the name of the child should be mentioned. Birth Certificate must be in English. If it is in Hindi or a regional language, an English translation of the same on Rs.100/- stamp paper. duly notarized must be submitted. Original Birth Certificate must be produced for verification.
Non refundable Registration fee in cash or demand draft drawn in favour of "Thakur International School-CIE" or "Zagdu Singh Charitable Trust", (as applicable) payable at Mumbai.
- Transfer Certificate from the last school attended. If the child is coming from outside Mumbai. the Transfer Certificate should be duly countersigned by the Education Officer of the area.
- For children (Indian nationality) coming from abroad the Transfer Certificate must be duly attested by the Indian Embassy / High Commission. The date of birth of the child should be clearly mentioned in the Transfer Certificate.
- Two stamp size photographs of (i) child (ii) both the parents to be submitted along with other documents.
- Two stamp size photographs of the child in school uniform against red background to be submitted once school uniform is received.
Acceptance of Admission
Admission will be confirmed on receipt of the following, within the specified time.
- Applicable Fees / Charges & Expenses
- Transfer Certificate from the last school attended
- Admission Acceptance form
If for any reason, the Transfer Certificate cannot be produced at the time of admission, it must be produced on or before the re-opening of the school. The admission Acceptance Form, to be signed by parents, seeks to confirm among other things, their financial responsibilities to the school, an agreement that they and the child will conform to the regulations of the school in force from time to time. And that the school will not be liable for any damages or charges on account of injuries sustained by the child during his / her stay at the school.
Thakur International School plans to follow an overall academic year from
June to May. The school will work from Monday to Friday (Five days per week) with the following timings.
|Nursery. Prep I & Prep II||9.45 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.|
|Grade I to X||8.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.|
|Grade XI and XII||8.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.|
The Academic Calendar and various dates mentioned here are indicative of plans and are subject to change. Students will be expected to stay back for longer hours on certain days and attend school on some Saturdays.
Thakur International School prescribes uniform for all its students. Students are expected to take pride in their personal appearance and to conform to all the rules governing the school uniform. The wearing of uniform creates a sense of belonging to the school. The details of the uniform will be provided at the time of admission to school.
School Transport (Optional Facility)
Thakur International School has a fleet of buses for pickup and drop children, subject to general demand and on first come first serve basis. Bus charges will have to be paid or the whole year in advance.
FeesFees are payable quarterly by way of cash or demand draft drawn in favour of "Thakur International School - CIE" or Zagdu Singh Charitable Trust" (as applicable) payable at Mumbai.
- Details of fee structure can be obtained from the school office
- The fees should be paid in four equal installments. The first installment is to be paid at the time of admission. Subsequent installments should be paid on or before 15th May, 15th September, 15th December and 15th March.
- The fee schedule given is subject to change from time to time in accordance with rules and regulations duly notified
- Surcharge per month is charged if the fees / charges are paid after the specified period
- The Security Deposit is collected against damage to, or loss of, library books, laboratory equipment, computer facilities, and other equipment or assets of the School. It will be refunded without interest, after adjustment of dues, if any on completion of the child's studies at / withdrawal from Thakur International School
- Fees once paid will not be refunded
Concessions Offered* Concessions in Admission fees will be granted to the following: (Terms & Conditions apply)
- 100% complete waiver in admission fee for Thakur International School - ICSE & Thakur Public School students with distinction (i.e. 75% and above) and those below 75% will get a 50% waiver.
- 50% to students having Hindi speaking minority status.
- 50% to Siblings currently studying in the school.
- 50% to Single parent (female)
- 25% to Extended Family of the student currently studying in the school.
* It would be appreciated if the fees are paid in advance for the full year, in such case concession of 8% will be given on Tuition and Term fees. (Terms & Conditions apply)
Thakur International School has put in place policies and regulations necessary for the effective functioning of the school. It reserves the right to amend its policies and regulations wherever and whenever considered necessary and appropriate. The information contained in this publication, the current "Application for Admission" form and accompanying documents is an indication of Thakur International School's plans as on the date of publication of this document. Neither this publication and the descriptions contained herein, nor the current "Application for Admission" form must be construed to bind the School to any specific polices or regulations. The submission of completed "Application for Admission" form does not guarantee admission. Although all possible care has been taken in the preparation of this publication. Thakur International School gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility, for any errors or omissions, however caused. It is advised to check for confirmation of information contained herein with the authorized representatives of the school.